Friday, November 22, 2013
Five On Friday: Thankful Edition
1. My husband. I have a husband this year, our very first married holiday season and I'm not taking a second for granted. I love that he will indulge my whims and support my ideas, no matter how crazy they sound. I know without a doubt how much he loves me and I'm so grateful that he is in my life.
2. My mom. Of course I am thankful for my family but in particular my mom. My father and grandparents have passed on from this life and I don't have siblings so my mom is my shining light. We are complete opposites and it makes our relationship so much more interesting. She will listen to me ramble for hours and I can tell her anything without judgment.
3. My job. I love to work with people on their dietary goals. I love the population that I've chosen to focus on - it's the only job I have ever wanted. It is exhausting, frustrating, and for the most part thankless but I just can't help being attached to it. I've invested so much of myself into it because I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to work with these special people.
4. My furkids. Lilly has been my whole heart since my friend took her from her apartment dumpster and asked me if I was willing to take her. The answer was no, it was always no....until I met her. She climbed into my lap and later that night climbed into my bed and we have been inseparable ever since. Baby has been R's dog for close to 13 years but only in my life for the past 3. I got attached to her immediately, she earned her first nickname within a week of our first date. It's pretty obvious that she is fond of me as well. She prefers to sleep under my side of the bed and she follows me around the house every afternoon.
5. I saved my most important blessing for last...my relationship with God. It isn't always the pretty packaged relationship that some people seem to have with God. No fancy prayers coming from this girl. I have an open heart and I try to keep in regular contact. I also try to remember His word when I'm in need of answers and instruction...He hasn't failed me yet.
"I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" Palsm 139:14
I love participating on this weekly link-up, as always big thanks to the hostesses!